This kit provides all the basic supplies you need to make Kitchari for 7 days.
The Kitchari Kit Contains:
- Organic Yellow Mung Dal (1.63 lbs): Hulled mung beans are called mung dal. The flavor is refreshing and crisp with a touch of sweetness.*
- Organic Basmati Rice (3.15 lbs): Basmati is a long-grained rice that has a delicious nut-like flavor and aroma.*
- Kitchari Spice Mix (3.5 oz): This traditional spice mix helps stimulate your digestive fire so you can absorb all the wholesome goodness from your food. The spice mix includes mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, turmeric, natural mineral salt and asafoetida and will be added to the rice and dal when you prepare your kitchari. Recipe included with the kit.
- Organic Ghee (7.5 oz): Made from 100% organic, sweet cream butter that was churned from the goodness of milk produced by grass-fed and pastured cows, this rich Ayurvedic treat is said to nourish both body and mind. The ghee will provide the kitchari with an oily quality that helps loosen and remove toxins during the cleanse. It also helps to strengthen the digestive fire and promotes healthy digestion.
* When rice and dal are cooked together these two Ayurvedic staples combine to make a delicious, thick soup called kitchari. Easy to digest, kitchari is a nutritious whole food that will sustain you throughout your cleanse.